intro

Welcome to Joie de Vivre Photography! I'm Stefanie, photographer extra-ordinaire, and mastermind behind the scenes. Take a minute, take an hour, and look around the blog! If you want to view my full portfolio, please visit www.joiedevivrephotography.com. This is where I like to post pretty photos of recent photoshoots, ideas, helpful hints, occasional features, and all kinds of other randomness!


CLICK
HERE
TO VISIT MY WEBSITE!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Ryanne & Paul. . . . Palm Springs Wedding Photography

        The very first time I saw an email from Ryanne, I knew we'd get along! Anyone who uses words like 'kick-ass wedding photographer' in what she's looking for, gets my vote! The first time we talked on the phone, we spoke for almost an hour, and didn't even talk about the wedding. Ryanne and her love, Paul, have been together for over 10 years, have two beautiful children together, and in the Fall are opening their very first school together! She mentioned to me that it was finally time to tie the knot- that they wanted an amazing party with all their friends, didn't care too much about traditions and traditional shots- they just wanted a day to celebrate their love and have a blast.
    I actually already had a wedding booked that day, but I wanted to do everything in my power to make it possible for me to come and be there for them! So I asked my amazing second shooter and business partner to come and begin the shots of the day, as well as do Ryanne's hair and makeup, and cover until I could drive like a crazy person from San Diego, to Palm Springs, and make it a few minutes before their ceremony started. A little stressful, but SO worth it!
    And they did it in the coolest way possible! And when I say cool, I mean FREAKING HOT. They rented a mega mansion in Palm springs for a week, invited all their friends and family to stay, and spent their days swimming, eating and enjoying each others company for 5 DAYS before the wedding! The day of the wedding was 106 degrees! Their ceremony had no chairs- they gathered lakeside, and 100 of their closest family and friends circled them in love, literally and figuratively, as Ryanne and Paul held hands, exchanged rings, and made their vows as a family.
    After the delicious vegetarian dinner, heartfelt toasts, and a daddy-daughter dance- the party was officially started! Many of the guests changed into their swimsuits and hit up the ginormous pool (did I forget to mention that it was 106 degrees that day???), danced their hearts out. The evening ended with the bride and groom jumping into the pool! After they cooled off, the bride put her swimsuit back on and kept on dancing the night away.
   This wedding TRULY was one to remember! Congratulations Paul & Ryanne! Ashleigh and I both absolutely fell in love with you, your family, your vision, and feel like we made a lifelong connection with you both.
   I hope you enjoy the images as much as I enjoyed taking them! Also, one amazing shout out to my second shooter and business partner Ashleigh Long, who is the only person in the world I would trust completely to cover a wedding and do it with the same style and emotion that I could, had I been there! Even now, it is hard to distinguish her images from mine- we sure make a great team!






















Joie de Vivre!
   Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment